Establishment and Development of the General Budget Department
- The responsibility for preparing the General Budget of Jordan before the issuance of the Organic Budget Law No. (39) of 1962, as amended, 1962, was part of the duties of the Ministry of Finance through the General Budget Section which was directly reporting to the Secretary General of the Ministry of Finance.
- In 1960, a royal committee was formed to review the financial Laws and Regulations enforced, mainly those related to the General Budget and the accounts relevant thereto. The said committee studied the General Budget preparation and classification methods, and identified the most prominent weaknesses therein.
- In 1962, a special financial committee was formed, which drew up the draft Organic Budget Law No. (39) of 1962. The Law entered into force on 16/10/1962, and under which the General Budget Department (GBD) was established to be managed by a Director General reporting to the Minister of Finance.
- As of the fiscal year 1963/1964, the General Budget Department has been preparing the general budget laws, and continued to introduce improvements to General Budget preparation and expenditure and revenue classification methods.
- In 2008, the Organic Budget Law No.(58) of 2008 was approved, signaling a new phase of improvements and modernization for the general budget, as the Medium Term Fiscal Framework (MTFF) was adopted, and the needed infrastructure to enable the rollout of the Results Oriented Budgeting (ROB) in all ministries and government departments and units was established.
General Budget Law
Government Units Budgets Law
Government Ministries, Departments and Units Manpower Bylaw(Ministries & Departments)
Government Ministries, Departments and Units Manpower Bylaw(Government Units)
General Budget Draft
Government Units Budgets Draft
The Financial Order
Financial Order Issued No. (2) of 202005/03/2020
The Issuance of the Royal Decree to approve the General Budget Law and the Government Units Budgets Law for the Fiscal Year 2020.03/02/2020
Financial Order Issued
Financial Order Issued No. (1) of 202015/01/2020
Budget Circular No. (18) of 2019 issued07/10/2019
Financial Order Issued No. (5) of 201907/10/2019
The third training workshop on the governorates budgets preparation for 202029/07/2019
The third meeting of the 5th open meeting with the service recipients29/07/2019